Marcy is a venerable name in the fitness industry. It was founded way back in 1946 by the legendary Walter Marcyan, who was a pioneer in the US fitness and health scene. Marcyan spent the 1940s up to the 1960s ceaselessly trying to raise awareness of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and regular exercise.
Marcyan’s vision was both simple and ambitious. He wanted strength and fitness training available for everyone. To that effect, he then began to design fitness equipment that can be used by the general population. His efforts helped transform strength and fitness training from an obscure science into the mainstream activity it is today.
The Marcy home gyms are excellent examples of how fitness equipment must be developed. These tools are specifically designed to enable the natural movement of the human body. They expressly encourage proper form and technique to promote fitness and help prevent unnecessary injuries.
This remarkably compact home gym measures just 199 cm (78.35 inches) tall, 92 cm (32.22 inches) wide, and 173 cm (68.11 inches) deep. It weighs 125 kilos (275.58 pounds). The hollow steel frame is quite robust and heavy duty, and it can tolerate a maximum user weight of 140 kilos (308.65 pounds). The construction is quite durable, and it comes with a 2-year warranty.
The Marcy MWM-980 is an excellent all-in-one home gym, as it is very easy to use and with it you can exercise just about every major muscle group. It can be used to tone the body, train the core muscles, and build overall strength.
Its features include:
- Upholstery with high-density foam and a 2-tone vinyl design.
- 2″ x 2″ round and 2″ x 2″ square, 14-gauge steel tubing
- Aircraft cables rated at 2000lb tensile strength
- 3.75″ nylon pulleys reinforced with sealed bearings
- 150lb vinyl weight stack with a solid steel protective shroud as a weight stack cover
- 1″ chrome plated guide rods
- A durable powder coat finish
- Accessories which include the lat bar, link chain and ankle strap
- Dual-function, independent motion press arm/vertical butterfly
- Dual-function leg developer with pivot point which properly aligns with the knee joints
- High and low pulleys
- Lat station
- Adjustable preacher curl bicep pad
- Contoured foam roller pads
With its various functions (pectoral fly station, leg extension and leg curl, low pulley, chest press with the high pulley) which offer a wide variety of exercise options, you can be sure that you have a the complete home gym equipment to exercise your whole body.
Marcy Diamond Elite Home Gym
Now this is the top of the line when it comes to Marcy equipment. It can come with a 200-pound or a 100-pound weight stack. You’ll need to assemble it, of course, and once done its dimensions are 81 inches by 75 inches by 59 inches.
But you will receive the package in 4 large boxes:
- Box 1 dimensions: 78″L x 18″W x 9.5″H; weight: 153 lbs.
- Box 2 dimensions: 38″L x 37″W x 3.75″H; weight: 27 lbs.
- Box 3 dimensions: 19.5″L x 14.5″W x 7.5″H; weight: 110 lbs.
- Box 4 dimensions: 19.5″L x 13″W x 7.5″H; weight: 96 lbs.
If you are buying this from a store, make sure your vehicle can accommodate these boxes. Once you’re done assembling it, you’ll end up with a pieced of fitness equipment that can rival anything you may find in a commercial gym. You only need to assemble it one time because after that you can do whatever exercise you want right away. This will save you a lot of time and effort, since there’s no need to adjust or reconfigure the layout of the equipment, and there are no cables for you to change.
The features of the Marcy Diamond Elite Home Gym include:
- A robust design with 2″ round and 2″ x 2″ heavy-duty steel tube frame with a durable powered-coated finish.
- A 200-lb vinyl-coated selectorized weight stack, with solid steel weight stack enclosures
- Adjustable back and pad seat support along with oversized foam roller pads
- Multi-position press arm that adjusts to chest press, incline press, and military press exercises
- An independent barrel butterfly station
- A dual function leg developer
- Low and high pulley station
Marcy Platinum Home Gym
The Marcy Platinum Home Gym is a line of Marcy fitness equipment, and perhaps one of the most impressive is the Marcy Multigym MP3500. It’s the singular design of choice in in the fitness industry.
- Its dimensions measures 83 inches by 71 inches by 75 inches, and weighs a stable 342 pounds.
- The box stitched padded seat is adjustable, and there’s a backrest for lumbar support.
- It comes with a 150 pound weighted stack with a maximum resistance of 203 pounds.
- The leg attachment allows you to do single- or double-leg leg extensions for your quadriceps muscles. The leg-thigh machine enables you to do knee raises, hip abduction and hip adduction exercises. You can attach the ankle strap to the low pulley, which then allows you to do leg curls (standing or lying down) for your hamstrings, along with hip extensions for your gluteus muscle. You can also use the shiver bar on the low pulley for your squats and lunges.
- You can hook the lat bar to the high pulley for your lat pulldowns. Connect the shiver bar to the low pulley, and you can do bent-over rows or standing biceps curls. You can use the single handle for your one-arm rows or one-arm biceps curls.
- You can use the ab pulley with an ab strap for your seated crunch exercise. With the shiver bar, you can do weighted crunches or weighted twisting crunches on the floor. With the ankle strap, you can also perform weighted reverse crunches.
With the Marcy Multigym MP3500, you can exercise properly, in total comfort and with utmost safety.